Monday, December 10, 2012

Great Day Today!

Good Morning!

Hows it going? It's pretty warm this morning in Calgary for the winter so I am doing great this morning! This last week was kind of slow missionary wise but we did see some miracles. I honestly can't remember much of what happened this last week. We taught our investigator Mark on Tuesday and he told us that he wants to be baptized! But... he doesn't live in our ward! So they next day we passed him off to his Ward's Elders, but he is getting baptized this Saturday which is sweet.

Our other investigator is leaving to go up north and work on oil rigs, so he will only be back periodically. We had our family ward's Christmas party this weekend.  It was fun and there was good food -- they cooked 165 lbs of turkey! We went to a Christmas concert last night and it was really good.

We got some referrals this week that we are going to teach so that is looking good as well. On Friday we had Zone Leader Council and it was really good.  I got to see Elder Staley (one of the missions newest zone leaders) and a lot of other mission friends like Elder Grbin.

Tell Sister Sorrells if she would like me to help at that fireside in February, I am happy to do so.  We will probably SKYPE from the Pitchers home, they have computers we can use.  Mom, if you haven't sent the package yet, will you see if you can find some kind of missionary themed Christmas ornament for us to give the Pitchers.  They have had missionaries live with them for five years.  Also, since you offered, yea, sending something for me to give to my companion would be nice.  Thanks.  What are your plans for Christmas?

Also Mom, you asked about the email account.  I think it stays open for a little while after you get home from the mission, but our mission gives us a copy of all our correspondence with the Mission President before we leave, so I don't need to worry about that.  We can get on it when I get home and print out whatever other ones I want to keep.  The Church has a different system now for emailing the Mission Presidents.  We use that to correspond (if you want to call it that - I just report about the same thing each week!). 

That was my week! Hope you all stay warm and have a Merry Christmas Season!

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment