Monday, June 6, 2011

Congratulations to Nickie on her graduation!



Nicole on the left, her friend Brittany in the center, and her friend Emma on the right.


Dear Family and Friends,

Congratulations to Nickie on graduating. That is great. It doesn't seem like it has been a year since I graduated, but I guess it has been. This week the youth in our ward here in Cochrane have been graduating. I was thinking about Nickie's graduation all week, and I realized that I turned 4 months old the same day (mission time!) so I am 1/8th of the way through my mission already!



Nickie Dowd and Elder Dowd at his Graduation in 2010

Guess what?! I get to go to the Cardston Temple this coming Friday. We get to go to the Temple every six months, so this is the first visit for me. I am really looking forward to it as it has been four months since I have been to the temple. I will be buying a new memory card for my camera so I can get lots of pictures. I think I will buy a new one and send the full one home to you. You can take all the pictures off and then send it back to me and we can always have one in my camera and one you can get the pictures off.


Cardston Temple

It sounds like life in Orem is good overall. I sent Jordan a letter today as well as Chris and Jake. Also I sent Jason White the traveling missionary tie. I am excited to keep seeing my friends get their calls and go out on their missions. Do you know anything about Jamal Lythgoe or Kade Bishop? I would love to hear from them.

Yesterday we had this man named Dave come to church. He lives all the way across Calgary, but came to our chapel. He belongs to a religion that I hadn't heard of and wants to read the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price and give some to his friends so that was cool. The son of a less active member came to church yesterday too so that was awesome.

I hope everyone's health gets better and that you can enjoy the summer. We don't have to wear our suit coats until September so that is really nice. I haven't gotten any regular mail in two weeks as I guess that there is a postal strike up here so I may not ever get mail again =).

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment