Tuesday, September 20, 2011

District Changes



Dear Family and Friends,

Hello! I am doing really good. Today is transfers. There are a lot of changes happening in the zone. Our district leader is going home and his companion is leaving. Sisters will be replacing them. Also, we have another missionary coming into the district in a threesome companionship, so things will be really different in the district.

Other then that not much has changed. We picked up a new investigator on Sunday. This person is from another religion and has some interesting ideas. They also have a different version of the Bible. When we asked them to look up a scripture it was really interesting because the verse was different. We try and do work through the members, but this investigator was street contacted by some other Elders. We try not to go tracting if we don't have too, because it is the least effective activity that we could be doing in this particular assignment with YSA.

We go to 3 wards. We have one at 11 and the other two are at 1:00. These two alternate so one does Priesthood while the other has Sacrament Meeting for first meeting. Mom asked how many discussions we do a week and we try to do 20. We do not have dinner appointments often because of it being YSA, and that gives you opportunities to get more referrals and teaching, but we make every effort to do all we can. But, this week and next week we actually do have dinner appointments set up.

Sister Bybee's niece is in my ward - Brother Kyle's daughter.

That is exciting news about Chris getting his Eagle this week. Tell him congratulations and I will sent a note for you to give him. Also, exciting Nickie finally agreed to go on a date when asked! Wow, Tanner's and Christian's farewells - wish them luck. They will be great. Also, that's great that Jeremy is coming home from his mission in Hawaii. You will be busy going to all these meetings this weekend.

Other then that not much is going on. I was sick for a little bit this last week and so I had to stay in for an afternoon and rest. Elder Roberts is doing great and he is a lot farther along in his first transfer then I was. I should have enough money for what I need. I had to buy medicine last week, but I should be good.

We are off to play dodge ball. I sure love you all and I know that this church is true.

Love Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment