Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Warmer in Calgary than in Utah!

Good Morning,

It's pretty warm here in Calgary. (It's 12 degrees.) Sounds like it's been a pretty cold week in Utah. We had a pretty crazy blizzard on Wednesday. It didn't stop snowing for the night and all Thursday. The week was OK.

We had a combined p-day with another zone.  That was fun. Then on Tuesday we had to do a Zone Training meeting. On Wednesday we taught our investigator Dylan again. He is really solid and accepts everything.  He really desires baptism, but he is having a hard time making it to church because of his job. So once we can get him to church he can be baptized.

On Thursday we had interviews with President. On Friday we went to the office and got mail. I sent those jalapeno chips you gave me to Elder Orozco. On Saturday we taught Dylan again and then we went to Little Caesar's for lunch and then I felt sick and had a really bad stomach ache.

Yesterday we had church in our Family Ward at nine and then our YSA Ward at 11. Then we had meetings the rest of the day so it was pretty busy. In our YSA Ward they called 5 new ward missionaries yesterday. We had a correlation meeting that afternoon and they ALL showed up which never happens! And we had a good meeting. It was just exciting to talk about.

That was my week.

That's exciting Nickie turned in her mission papers.  I am guessing she comes to the Canada Calgary Mission!!  Maybe she won't get her call until I get home, but I hope she opens it if she gets it before I come home.  That's sweet she was willing to wait.

I sure love you!

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment