Monday, January 28, 2013

One More Full Week as a Full-Time Missionary

Hello!

First of all - that is so exciting that Nickie got her mission call to the California Riverside Mission!  She will be awesome.  Thanks for the map of the area.  It looks about the same size as my mission.  I am glad we get a few months together at home before she leaves in June.  CONGRATULATIONS Nickie!

I will be writing on Tuesday next week.  Not sure I will have too much to write, but...I write so much anyway :) I am looking forward to Saturday.  Elder Grbin and I will be going to the temple with President Nicholas.  To answer your question, Elder Grbin and I are the only ones coming home next week.  The week after there are actually a few Elders and two sisters who will be going home a little early.  Elder Grbin's flight leaves in the afternoon and he flies to New Zealand and then onto Australia, so I will be flying home alone, well at least as the only missionary from my mission coming to SLC that day.  Tuesday is P-day, then Wednesday is transfers and Elder Grbin and I will attend a fireside that they have for outgoing missionaries.  They invited members, people we taught, and investigators that we taught.  So, that should be sweet.  Also, I should have enough money in my debit card account to finish up everything.  Just check it each day to make sure.  Thanks for taking care of that. Sorry to hear that Rochelle has the flu.  Hope it passes soon.  
 
This was a pretty interesting week, but not too much to report. On Monday for P-day we played dodgeball, which I really love playing. Then on Monday night I went on exchanges to Cochrane again. The Cochrane Elders cover Banff as well, so we went out there and did some work. It was pretty cool. 

And then on Wednesday we had a Stake Meeting.  Thursday was weekly planning, Friday we went to the mission office, and Saturday we didn't have much happen. But on Sunday they changed the ward boundaries in the stake and now the family ward that we cover is a lot bigger. We had really good lasagna for dinner.
 
So that was my week in a nut shell sorry there weren't a lot of  details, but I love you!

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment