Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekly Letter

Dear Family and Friends,

Hey! This last week was o.k. It sounds like nothing too crazy happened back home. A quick recap on our week.  Monday - we had p-day which was fun.  We played dodgeball which I loved. Tuesday - we had District Meetings and that was the highlight. On Wednesday we taught Dillon again.  He is ready to be baptized, but like I mentioned last week his only setback is that his work schedule prevents him from making it to church, so after that is resolved he will be baptized.

Wednesday night we cooked steak at the Pitchers house for dinner it was good. On Thursday we were running errands - a companionship in the zone wrecked their car and called us and told us that they were in east Calgary and needed a ride so we had to go get them. On Friday we went to the office which is fun and then we delivered mail to everyone. On Saturday we taught a new investigator.  She is from Nigeria. She met with missionaries in Texas. Then yesterday we had church. We learned that this Stake is going to be doing ward boundary changes so that's what's going to happen next week. And that was our week!

Mom, to answer your questions - I got a picture of me in front of the Calgary temple, but it isn't very clear, so we are going to go and do a photo shoot.  I will wear my suit and a nice tie.  You asked how I am feeling about coming home - well I feel really wired almost the same way I felt right before I left for my mission -- excited but sad.  I will be shopping in the next week or two so I can bring home something for you all.  Thanks for putting some money in my home account and thank Grandpa and Grandma Dowd and Carl for the money for Christmas and my birthday, so I am good with money.  Some of my clothes are really worn out, so I am going to leave them up here.  I saved my blue suit for church mostly so it is still in good shape, so I can wear that to speak when I get home. 

I sure love you all!
Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment