Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Visit from Elder Scott


Hello!

Sorry we couldn't email until Tuesday again, Elder Scott did come speak to the mission yesterday it was awesome. I saw Elder Grbin again and he says "Hello Momma Dowd" and also saw Elder Mercado, a friend I made in the district that got transferred, he is from the Phillipines.

Elder Scott spoke to us for about 3 hours. He brought Elder Brimhall of the Seventy with him. It was so cool! He shared a lot of neat stuff. Elder Scott told us all that our 1st priority after we get home should be to find a spouse, so I'm glad that I have two more years before I am getting released. He then bore his testimony of the gospel and of Jesus Christ and told us that you can't be called to the Apostleship unless you have a knowledge of the Savior. It was really spiritual and an awesome experience, Elder Crowther was surprised at how small he was, it was funny.

Did Ryan Skousen get his call? I got a letter from Chris, Jordan, Tanner, Christian and Trent this last week. Trent sent me our brotherhood tie and a picture and of one of his companions who is one of Elder Crowther's good friends from Colorado, so it's crazy how small this world is.

I'm so glad that Dad got paid, you have all been in my prayers and I will continue praying for you. I am doing all right though with these missionary mall shirts though, so I think I am fine on shirts for awhile.

I'm so excited that Brian and Julie are getting married and I am bummed that I will be missing out on it though! I want to see a lot of pictures from the wedding. I hope that you all are doing all right down there.

The work is starting to get more and more exciting! Elder Crowther and I get along really well and I am so grateful for him. Our district has changed this transfer and I've seen a lot of companionships that don't get along and I'm grateful that I have gotten along with my companions so far. Other then that every thing has been about the same, although none of our investigators came to church this week and a lot of the members are leaving town for Easter Vacation so we will have a hard time getting appointments, but we will stay busy this week. That's one thing that I like about Elder Crowther is that he makes sure that we are always busy. It is Elder Crowther's birthday on Saturday.

I think that I am out of time for email but I love you and glad for all your support and prayers, keep on keeping on.

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment