Monday, April 4, 2011

March 28, 2011

Hello Mom and Dad,

I had a very interesting week. We met with that lady we met on the sidewalk again and will be teaching her on Wednesday. My rash went away. Sister Kerr, who gave me the Benadryl, also gave me Zyrtec, but I did not take it.

That is exciting that Nickie is getting scholarships and that you all are staying afloat and all that stuff. I am praying for everyone you every night. On Tuesdays, Elder Crowther has to email the Zone Leaders comment sheets from each companionship in our District because he is the District Leader. So, on Tuesdays, I browse the Church website and I was looking up Grandpa Turley. I guess there is an article about him in the Friend. It said President Kimball came to your house for Family Home Evening. It also said there is a picture of him with his children and grandchildren, but it wasn't on the website.

Anywho, my week was interesting because we had a training last Thursday on something called the Seven Day Challenge. What this is we issue a challenge to the members to invite someone to be taught by us in the next seven days. and some of the members get really excited about it and really try, but it seems like a lot of members try to either justify reasons for not doing it, or get offended. Anyway, we had a training on it, then we had dinner at a member's home that evening. After dinner we taught them and gave them the challenge. The mom kind of freaked out. I promised her if she asked in faith, that Heavenly Father would put someone in her path and she continued to freak out saying she does pray in faith and that miracles happen, but that God wouldn't provide a miracle for her and it was kinda awkward and sad. Then on Saturday, Elder Crowther was sick and so we had to stay home and it was so awful. I watched 10 hours of Church movies and I was so bored. But, yesterday we were able to go to Church and teach a few lessons. Elder Crowther still isn't feeling that well, but his mom sent him antibiotics, so if he keeps taking those hopefully he will be fine.

Oh, and another thing last Monday after emails, we went into Calgary to play basketball with some other Elders. One of them had forgotten his shoes, so we went to the mall to get him some new ones and the shoes were pretty cheap and my old shoes had gotten holes in them, so I bought a new pair of shoes for $65 and they normally would have been $110, so I felt good about it. They are Reebox Zigslash shoes and they are really cool and comfortable, so that was exciting. About an Easter package, you need to send it to the Mission Home as well as any kind of mail.

So, yeah, I love you. Happy Birthday and tell Uncle Brian Happy Birthday. Have fun watching General Conference and don't forget that we are hearing from appointed prophets of God and that Christ can speak through them if we are listening. I love all of you and wish you the best.

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment