Monday, June 4, 2012

Lots of Work in Calgary

Hola!

Hello from Calgary.  This has been a good week. I am now in Southwest Calgary in the Woodbine and Evergreen areas. It's been really good. The wards are really great and helpful. So last week was crazy too.

Yes, Elder Staley and I did have a baptism.  It was a nine year old girl who we had been teaching forever! Her name is Eliza. So on Wednesday we had transfers and the bus from Calgary got held up so we hung out in Lethbridge for awhile.  Then we got on the bus up to Calgary.  I saw Elder Crowther for the last time on our missions - he went home Thursday morning, and I met my new companion Elder Orozco.

He is from Mexico City and he is a convert of two years.  He is still learning English and is very humble. He wants to know what sector in Mexico City Grandpa Turley lived in.  We have a few investigators and one of them got baptized this last Saturday. Next week we are having a wedding after another investigator gets baptized.

Other than that not too much to report.  Oh, we had a really cool miracle on Sunday. I was fasting that we could find someone new to teach and then in church a man came into church looking for us.  He was telling us how he had met a Brazilian family that had just moved to Canada. So, after some of our appointments we went and met the man and he took us to his house and he lives is the same apartment building as us!   Elder Orozco was able to talk to them and the ward is willing to help them and we will be teaching them this week! We left them some pamphlets and a Book of Mormon.  They said they could feel the spirit already and would read.  It was really cool. So I am really excited about whats going on here and I am glad to hear things are going well in Utah.

The connector to this computer at the library isn't working, so I will have to send pictures next week.  Sorry.

Also, Okotoks is in our Zone, so I may get to see Aunt Susan's sister who lives there.

I am really excited about how busy we are and how many people we have to teach!  Happy to be with Elder Orozco, he is hard working and has a lot of faith.

I love you all!

Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment