Monday, November 19, 2012

Hello family!
It's been a crazy week! On Monday I finished saying goodbye to people.  I said goodbye to the YSA Ward at FHE and got a group picture with all of them. Then on Tuesday we had p-day.  That was fun.

On Wednesday we went to transfers (we meet at a Stake Center and have a meeting and are told where we are going and with whom).  I found out that I will be serving in West Calgary Zone.  This is the same zone I started my mission in. It's really wierd! I'm in the Brentwood YSA Ward.  It's the biggest YSA ward in our mission. I met one of Nickie's friends from BYU who is here on a Mandarin speaking mission.  We live with an elderly couple called the Pitchers, and they are super nice! They treat us really well and they have an unlimited supply of mango juice which we are more then welcome to! We also have a shower that is like 4 feet long and 4 feet wide it's huge! The best part is that we have a sauna! It's a really cool apartment.

The rest of the week went by pretty fast. We had two non-members come to church in our YSA Ward and we taught one of them after church. The other one we will be teaching later this week so things are really good. My companion's name is Elder Renshaw from Modesto, California. He's a really good missionary. He is a BIG Giants fan, so that it sad! (Richie's a big Dodgers fan.) He has been out for a year.  We will have a lot of fun, I am really excited to be here.

We have a zone conference on Tuesday and it's combined with the zone that Elder Orozco is in so I am excited to see him. Elder Staley became a zone leader this transfer and he came to Calgary. So every Friday we get mail at the office and I will get to see him which is really good too.

The Church is so true!!!

Love, Elder Dowd

Oh, sorry I forgot to tell you, I will be coming home on February 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment