Monday, February 28, 2011

It’s my first P-day and I am soaking up the sun here in Cochrane. It is currently -24 Celsius and that is supposed to be the high temperature! I am doing great though. I am really enjoying it up here.  The members are really nice and we have been fed just about every night, and then we share messages with the members and try to have them help us by finding people for us to teach in 7 days.  We call it the 7 day challenge.  I have only taught two investigators and they are committed to being baptized, but they are living commonwealth, so we have to wait for them to get married. But they want to save money to buy rings, but they are great people and good investigators. I hope everything is going good at home. On the 12th of March Elder Christofferson is coming to speak to everyone in the mission so that’s exciting. He was at Grandma’s funeral right? Well I hope you all are doing all right. 

Oh and I almost forgot, could you get on facebook and look up some of my friends and send me their mailing addresses so that I could write them that would be great - Elder Derrick Hyde, Trent, Elder Ryan Hamilton, Eric Burdett, Caleb Porter, and I think that is it.  And I can’t have a musical instrument, but I can listen to music on P days and on car trips that will last more than 30 minutes. So if you can find them, there are some cool cds that I wouldn’t mind listening to.  One is called Nearer, it’s like a bunch of guitarists doing church songs and that was a cool cd, and another one by a guy called Kalai and his cd is called Paupers Hymnal and also anything else that is good like motab or anything like that.

That sounds like you guys are really busy, we are busy out here but not that kind of busy, We only have two investigators that i have taught at the moment but there are some people in the area book that we are investigating that we haven't been able to get a hold of, i guess everyone on the world is busy, and i have been teaching lessons to less actives and members just to practice teaching, and we have been sharing a lot of messages with members especially after dinners and stuff, last night we ate at the Nzdibuamiz, they are awesome they are from Burundi and the food the prepared was really good, and they had some friends over who just moved to Canada from Burundi and we shared a message with them about how Christ can lift your burdens and then i shared my testimony with them about the Atonement and how i knew that Christ suffered for all of our sins and through him we can be forgiven of our sins and return to live with Heavenly Father, it was really spiritual. I am sorry that you are sick i hope that you will feel better and i will pray for you. Me and Elder Crowther are getting along really well and he is a good missionary. Tell everyone that i say hi and that i love everyone, also did you get all those thank you cards?

Also, I was going to send you all of my pictures from the MTC, but I forgot to bring the card reader today, so I will send them next week.

I love you.

Love, 
Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment