Monday, May 2, 2011

Hello,

On Sunday, we get out of church at 1:00 and then we will probably be busy from then until 1:30ish, so Elder Crowther said that you should call around 2:00 and then his family can call around 3:00. We are only allowed 40 minutes.

This last couple of weeks has been crazy up here too. We had a meeting on Wednesday which took up half the day. On Friday I went on exchanges with the Royal Oak elders, but they just changed exchanges from day exchanges to 24 hours, so I spent Thursday night in Calgary.

We haven’t been able to teach Loreene. Her father passed away last week, and her ex husband is dying, so things have been tough for her. Thanks for fasting for her, we did as well. Though we weren’t able to teach her this week, we were able to give her a blessing of comfort. She has told us she has a desire to be baptized. Hopefully we can teach her again this week.

We played basketball this last P-day with some members in our ward. We probably played for 4 hours and Elder Crowther and I were so tired by the time we were done.

I am doing really well here on my mission. I appreciate your forwarding me the letters from Caleb, Eric and Andrew. I have not felt homesick yet, but things aren’t as physically tough here for me.

Our Zone Leaders called us last night and told us that Osama Bin Laden has finally been caught and killed. That is crazy. How was the Royal Wedding? Was it a big deal in the states?

Did Rochelle and Nickie have fun at Disneyland? Did they take any pictures? Tell them to send them to me.

Who is the other boy who asked Maddie to Prom? She looks great in those pictures you sent me. Looks like she had fun.

Mom, that is scary about your head and having to have an MRI to check for a tumor. I hope it all turns out all right. I am praying for you. There is no need to worry, though, for the Lord’s will is best.

I am anxious to get the Easter package you sent. I hope it comes this week. That is great news about Ryan Skousen’s call. That is also great that Matt Maddox is in the MTC going to the Ft. Lauderdale Spanish Speaking Mission too! Can you tell Ryan I am so happy for him and to send me his address as I would like to write to him.

I love hearing from you all and tell Carly that I got her letter! I don’t really have much else to say. We have zone conference this week so that will be fun.

I love you all and you are all in my prayers.

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment