Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Trainer is Getting Transferred

Today is P-day and I got a note of transfer. I am staying in Cochrane, but Elder Crowther is leaving. He is going to the North Zone to be a district leader. I don't know the exact area, just North of Calgary. My new companion is Elder Hawkins, I think, and that's all I know about him. Tomorrow morning at 8:30 is when I have to be at the transfer station, but I don't know where Elder Hawkins is serving right now. If he is serving in the south he might not get here until the evening.

I'm sad to hear about Denny Dixon passing away, but I know that the Plan of Salvation is real. So, he really is in a better place.

That's exciting to hear about all the good news going on. That's exciting that the product is launching at Dad's work and that Nickie's schooling will all be paid for! The Lord is watching over you as I am away.

That's great about Jake's mission call! He will be a great missionary. And, it's crazy that Tanner will be getting his call this week or next. Have him and Auntie Tye write me. Do you ever get on my facebook account? If you do, or can, I just want to know if any more of my friends have gotten mission calls and I wouldn't mind addresses to my friends' missions.

Some good news out here in Cochrane, we set a date last night with a native named Kalesha. She accepted a date for baptism on June 11th, so there will probably be at least one baptism this next transfer.

We should be able to keep teaching Lorene. She is in British Columbia right now at her daughter's wedding. We had some members from our Ward call her and talk to her, so we should be able to keep teaching her. Last week we were at the Nzojibwamis and their son Mark said that he googled himself and said there was a picture of me, so he clicked on it and it took him to my blog I guess.

Also, here is a cool story - on Sunday the Elders serving in Banff went to go visit a less active family, who had brought their friends to church. So, they went and taught them Lesson 1 and invited them to be baptized. These people were so excited that they wanted to be baptized as soon as possible. So, the Elders taught them again yesterday, and called President Archibald and told him about the situation, and they are being baptized tonight at 8:30. They are a family from Washington, and so we will be busy today helping set up that program, and I might be confirming one of them! It's a miracle, that's for sure and last night and this morning we have been very excited.

So, that's basically all that I have going on. I am almost done with the Book of Mormon again. I will probably finish it early next week. You are all in my prayers still.

I love you all.

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment