Monday, August 15, 2011

Elder Roberts from Lubbock, Texas -- My New Companion



Elder Welling (one of the Assistants) me and Elder Roberts my new companion

Dear Family,

My first week went by really well with Elder Roberts. He is from Lubbock, Texas. He seems really shy, but he is getting better every day. I am pretty sure I was probably the same way when I got here from the MTC.

Sadly Amie was not baptized last week. She told us she wasn't ready yet, and we haven't been able to speak with her since then. Olivia wasn't at church on Sunday and we are hoping to meet with her soon, so we shall see.

The mission is being visited next week by an Elder Baxter of the Quorum of the Seventy. He is Scottish so that's exciting. We will meet with him in next Monday at 10:00 a.m. so I am not sure when I will be writing next week. We are preparing for the visit by reading a talk by Elder Maxwell that he gave back in 1999 at the MTC. We are focusing on Christ, knowing him, and keeping centered in his teachings and life. It has been good to study this and I am looking forward to hearing Elder Baxter speak to us next week.

I am glad that things are going well back home. It's good to hear that Nickie is home from her trip. Good luck next week moving down to BYU - I know you will love college and all. Maddie and Carly good luck with going back to school. Carly, I think you will love High School and Maddie, WOW you are a senior - enjoy that, it is a fun year.

I hope that the rest of ya'll are doing ok still! I love you all and pray for you every night. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know and love all of us personally and I know that we will all be with them some day.

I love you, Elder Dowd




This picture of my last companion Elder Whiting and me



Reunion with Elders I served with in Cochrane



Reunion with Elder Crowther!






No comments:

Post a Comment