Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Upcoming Baptisms & Training a New Missionary

Helllo,

This last week was awesome! We set two baptismal dates! The first one was with a girl named Amie and she was a former investigator who just called us one day. We had a spiritual lesson and then she accepted to be baptized on August 13 - this Saturday! Then one of our Ward Mission Leaders, Jon Koegler, brought a friend from work - her name is Olivia. She is from Nigeria and we taught her this Saturday. Jon invited her to be baptized on August 20th and she said yes! Then at Fast and Testimony Meeting our investigator Amie bore her testimony and it was really sweet.

Also, this last Thursday I got a call from the Assistants and I am going to be training a new missionary. We went to a meeting in Calgary on Friday and we are using this new program that the Church developed. It seems pretty intense. We will do an extra hour of companion study every day. I am excited about it all. All the Elders in my district are training as well. Elder Whiting will be staying in this same zone in an Area called Brentwood. He will be training also. My area is South West Lethbridge.

Mom, don't worry, I have been eating! Just a lot healthier, I am doing well and feeling good. I can't believe Jordan has already left the MTC. I hope he got the letter I sent. Wow, that went fast! Tell my sisters I will write them soon and I love them.

So that was basically my week - a lot of exciting stuff. I will know who my companion is tomorrow and then I will let you know next Monday!

I sure love you all and you are all in my prayers!

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment