Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Six Months Have Flown By!

Dear Family and Friends,

Hello!

6 Months have flown by! I guess it's exactly six months ago today that I entered the MTC!

Yesterday was P-day, but as you figured out, it was a Canadian holiday, so we couldn't access the public computers. We have one hour to read and reply to our emails. I had quite a few emails today.

Grandma Dowd wrote about their service in the temple. I am jealous they get to spend so much time there, we only get to go once every 6 months.

Can you send me a definition of "long-suffering"? I have been studying the scriptures and can't find a definition, though I have a good idea. I am excited to hear of all the baptisms and successes my friends are having on their missions. I am happy for them. I am happy to be here and to serve, even if I am not having as many baptisms. I am grateful for the chance to share my testimony of the gospel and know that we will have success if we continue to work.

I got my 6 months package you sent up with Jonny Low last week. Thanks so much! It was wonderful. I ate the chocolate, but shared the other treats with my district. I have lost 30 pounds, so I didn't want to eat all of that. I haven't eaten out with this companion at all and we don't eat very much. He eats fermented eggs and sourdough bread every day. (I happened to be on the computer when he emailed and I asked him what fermented eggs are and he said his companion's brother has researched and said this is really healthy - you just separate the yolk and the whites in a pan and let them sit until they crystallize? I also asked him if he tried it and he said he did taste the whites and it just tastes salty.)

It's crazy to hear all my friends are leaving! Sounds like a lot of things are happening back home. Nickie wrote that she went to New Mexico. My trainer, Elder Crowther, is from a town called LaJara on the border of New Mexico and Colorado.

We have been working hard this week. We have been working hard with the members and hope they catch the vision of missionary work. We have a couple of investigators that we are teaching this week. Next week is transfers so I might be getting a new companion next week.

I'm thinking about buying a Calgary Flames Jersey. What do you think?

I am going to get my haircut this week!

I sure love all of you!

Love, Elder Dowd

No comments:

Post a Comment